Where to Find Some More Steve
If that’s what you’re into
What’s that? You’ve read all my lovely Medium articles, and you still want more? Well, have I got a treat for you! Here’s a list of my non-Medium publications, conveniently sorted for easy reading.
Humor & Satire
If you’re reading this, you probably already know that I like making people laugh. Fortunately, I’ve found a few publications that dig my style.
Points in Case
PiC has been a good fit for my sense of humor. They publish weirder, riskier pieces that don’t fit the mold established by behemoths like McSweeney’s and The New Yorker who don’t appreciate my subtle genius.
- So Your Office Has Been Reclaimed by Wilderness
- Suggested Organizations for End-of-Year Charitable Tax Donations
- My Right to Wear a Beard of Bees Shall Not Be Infringed!
- Oh God Oh God Hide Me from the Horrible Noise, by Your Pet Dog
- In Which the Great Philosophers Discuss the Matter of Godzilla
- Woke Reboots for Classic Movies
I wrote this piece for their “dystopian humor” theme week. I love the illustration they used for it!
Writing hard! So many words! That why 251 short. Short good.
The Erotic Novels of Ernest Hemingway, April 2022
This was my very first published piece, so it still holds a special place in my heart. It’s political satire, written during the 2019 Presidential primaries.
Pete Buttigieg Learns Korean to Attend BTS Concert, August 2019
I’ve published several pieces in Funny Times, an old-school monthly print magazine. Some are available online elsewhere (including Medium), while a few are FT exclusives.
- “Although My Brother is Dead, His Cat Memes Will Live On” (March 2022)
- “Let’s Do The Time Warp Again” (May 2021)
- “My Right to Wear a Beard of Bees Shall Not Be Infringed” (December 2020)
- “The Hobo Vote” (October 2020)
- “Workers of the World, Unite! (To Form Voltron)” (June 2020)
- “Heroic Bumblebee Saves Hive, Kills Child” (April 2020)
- “To Pee or Not To Pee” (November 2019)
- “Pete Buttigieg Learns Korean to Attend BTS Concert” (September 2019)
Another print-only magazine. You can find Oh Reader in your local Barnes & Noble or subscribe on their website.
“A Bookworm’s Guide to Reading Maladies”, Issue 4, Summer 2021.
I read all kinds of fiction, so I write all kinds of fiction, too. I haven’t published much yet, but expect this section to grow!
I’m a two-time winner of their quarterly microfiction contest!
De Stella Nova, (Sci-fi) Winner of the Summer 2020 drabble contest
Dust, (Sci-fi) Winner of the Winter 2021 drabble contest
Abyss & Apex
A&A is a Hugo Award-nominated magazine of speculative fiction and poetry.
Entropy Conquers All, Summer 2021
Light Poetry Magazine
Well, of course I write humorous poetry about current events! What else would you expect?
By Injection Inside, or Almost a Cleaning, Poems of the Week, May 4, 2020
While it’s not my main focus, I do occasionally write about myself and my life.
Recipe for Strawberry Bliss, March 2020
That’s the end of the list. What are you still doing here? Go read something else!